02 October 2014

To my L,
While we were at the park the other week, we had a quick lesson on anatomy. The park backs up to horse property and one of the horses was at the gate. You and D had been calling it a "daddy horse", to which I replied, "I'm not sure if it's a 'daddy horse'. You'd have to check the anatomy." You asked what anatomy meant. I did my best to answer. You were confused at first, but when I used anatomically correct terms for body parts, you understood immediately. Off you ran to visit the horse while I returned my focus to a conversation with my friend. Next thing I know, you are yelling. "MOM! MOM!" I look over. "MOM, IT'S NOT A DADDY HORSE BECAUSE IT DOESNT HAVE A PEN*S." You said it as plain as day. As another mother with her handful of young little ones was within earshot. And anyone else within a 100 yard radius... It was a mortifying, yet hilarious moment.  While I am glad that you are using correct terms for body parts, maybe we should have a little discussion on when it is appropriate to yell them across the park. Which would be never.
Love,
Mommy