24 April 2018

Oh N,
It has been a year and a half since I have posted to the sillies blog. I need to do better! But I had to write this gem before it gets lost in the chaos of life. Today, when getting into the car from school, you held up a tooth necklace and proudly proclaimed, "I lost my first tooth!". You were jubilant. I was shocked! I had no clue that you even had a wiggly tooth, let alone one so close to coming out. When we later shared the news with Dad, he wanted a closer look. Yet, there wasn't anything to see... No hole. No adult tooth peeking through. No evidence that would point at a lost tooth. So we counted. You still had every pearly white baby tooth in your mouth. When I open the tooth necklace and inspected the tooth, I discovered that it was, if fact, a rock. A rock that eerily resembled a tooth. It was at this point that you broke down sobbing, telling us that you "just wanted to lose a tooth already like everybody else". N, you initially convinced not only Mom and Dad, but teachers as well. You are too sneaky.
Love one who HAS lost her baby teeth,
Mom